Saturday, September 13, 2014

Autumn Wreath

Hello Everyone!

I just love the September release as it is all about the fall season, which happens to be my favorite.
The new Leaf Silhouette Dies are fantastic!  There are smaller leaf dies that not only die cut but emboss as well!  I used the small maple leaf die to make an autumn wreath.


See what I mean?  These leaves are a perfect size for making wreaths.  I made mine out of  Craft Metal to give my wreath a wonderful shine.  I started by die cutting a cardstock wreath using two circle dies.  Next, I die cut my leaves and arranged them on the wreath for placement.  Then I started gluing my leaves down- some are glued with Crystal Effects and others are popped up using dimensionals. 
The sentiment, which is from the Leaf Silhouettes Stamp Set, is embossed in gold on vellum.  I added a scalloped border for interest, using the Scallop Border Dies.  
You can get complete details on my blog.   

I went CAS with my second card.  Don't like to color?  No problem!  Look how you can add color to your line images by using the Grunge Elements Stamp Set!  


 I used several of the "splotchy" images to color the flowers and butterfly from the Flowers in Bloom Stamp Set.  I did not worry about 'coloring outside the lines' as it gives the finished image a trendy, watercolored look.  The background is colored with a BG Copic marker.  I used pointillism with darker BG Copics on the background around the flower heads and butterfly.  The sentiment is from the brand new So Grateful Stamp Set.  I love it for its versatility and the great fonts!  I hope you give this technique a try!  It is fun and easy!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a fabulous fall weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

3 comments:

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

That wreath is so beautiful!!

Brandi said...

I love these ideas!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the way you added the colors to the flowers Lee Ann. Amazing!