Saturday, October 11, 2014

Falling for Leaves

Hello Everyone and Happy October!

Today I am sharing a technique card using the Leaf Silhouettes Stamps with their new matching Leaf Silhouettes Dies.


We have already had some blustery fall days, and I wanted a card that had the feel of blowing leaves. To get this look, I used the trendy cascade design and the trendy inlaid die technique.  I stamped and die cut all of my leaves and then laid them out on the ivory panel. One at a time, I die cut the leaf shapes from the ivory panel.  Some of the leaves overlap; with these leaves, I placed the leaf that appeared to be under the other leaf into its diecut space and held it in place with a bit of washi tape.  I then used the die of the leaf that appeared to be overlapping the first leaf, inserted it back into its die cut space and held it in place with a bit of washi tape; a bit of the leaf was cut off where the die  overlapped the die cut leaf.
 I used the Grunge Elements Stamp Set to stamp the random blue spots.  This stamp set is perfect for adding texture to your background.  The sentiment from the Beary Bountiful Autumn Stamp Set was perfect for this card. 
That's it for me!
 I hope I have inspired you to get out your ink  and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps today!

Blessings!

Lee Ann  :)

2 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely fall card, love the colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty Fall colors Lee Ann. Love the splatters in the background.